View Poll Results: Do you like this thread?

Voters
197. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah!!!

186 94.42%
  • Hell No!!

11 5.58%
Page 6 of 162 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
  1. Default

a young girl or an old woman
    (the ear of the girl is eye of the old lady and the young girl's necklace is the old lady's mouth)
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Default

use the red lined icon to show ur picture!
    sshot-2.jpg

3. Default

At first glance, this looks like a wooded landscape, with towering hills in the background. However look a little more closely and you will see that the trees are broccoli and the hills are baked potatoes. In fact everything you can see in the photograph is made of food!

The picture is an example of the work of Carl Warner, a photographer who works in London, and who made made something of a speciality of these food landscapes or 'foodscapes.' In recent years he has been commissioned by many advertising agencies throughout Europe to produce his distinctive images for clients in the food industry.

Carl Warner(the creator)says "I tend to draw a very conventional landscape [first] as I need to fool the viewer into thinking it is a real scene at first glance. It is the realisation of what the real ingredients are that brings a smile, and for me that's the best part."

Each scene is photographed in layers from foreground to background. The process is very time consuming, and so the food quickly wilts under the lights.

4. Default

More of carl warner's genius art

5. Default

landscape2.jpg

More carl warner
    (PS: thanks to inferno, i know how to show attatched images from my hard drive)

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by inferno-was-here Log in to see links
    use the red lined icon to show ur picture!
    thanks!!!!!!!

7. Default

cogs.jpg

These cogs are certainly never going to stop moving!
    (Mr. Shebzukhov from Moscow in Russia created this illusion in October 2004, and owns the copyright.)

8. Default

X.gif

It may look as if the two arms of the 'X' use different shades of pink, but in fact the whole X only uses a single colour.

Explanation

The difference is that one arm of the X consists of pink squares that replace white squares in the background. Thus these pink squares are surrounded by green squares. The other arm of the X also consists of pink squares, of an identical colour, but in this case they replace green squares in the background, and are therefore surrounded by white squares.

Painters have long known that the way a colour looks in a painting is affected not only by the actual shade of the colour itself, but also by the colours that surround it.

9. Default

moving.gif

This is one of those illusions that just seems to move, even though it is in fact completely still.
    (This wonderful illusion was created by A.Kitaoka in 2004, who owns the copyright.)