Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Requested page can not be displayed

Samsung X497, unlocked, on Cingular (AT&T)

When trying to download a .mp3 ringtone with phone's WAP browser I get the error "Requested page can not be displayed" at the following WAP sites:

[site removed]
    wap.mobiles24.com
    [site removed]

However, the .mp3 downloads and then plays correctly if I use the following WAP site:

[site removed]

Either Cingular/AT&T isn't blocking, or the site that works somehow gets around the blocking. A customer service rep I spoke to today insists that Cingular/AT&T does not block content.

Can anyone think of why the WAP browser would be trying to display the .mp3 in three cases, but knows enough to download it in one case?
    Last edited by Mark; 27-05-2008 at 07:48 PM.

Hi clfan756,

Can you try downloading the demo mp3 at Log in to see links

Mark

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by clfan756 Log in to see links
    Samsung X497, unlocked, on Cingular (AT&T)

When trying to download a .mp3 ringtone with phone's WAP browser I get the error "Requested page can not be displayed" at the following WAP sites:

m.-------.com
    wap.mobiles24.com
    wap.-----------.com
    Cinglular is blocking these sites.

However, the .mp3 downloads and then plays correctly if I use the following WAP site:

Either Cingular/AT&T isn't blocking, or the site that works somehow gets around the blocking. A customer service rep I spoke to today insists that Cingular/AT&T does not block content.

Can anyone think of why the WAP browser would be trying to display the .mp3 in three cases, but knows enough to download it in one case?
    This site is not yet blocked by Cingluar.

4. Default

I successfully downloaded the demo .mp3 at Log in to see links .

I then tried to download (as a non-DRM .mp3) a private upload of the exact same file that I successfully uploaded/downloaded at "that other site". I got the "Requested page can not be displayed" error from wap.mobiles24.com.

In order for me to set up another test, can you tell me whether you are required to login to our wapsite or not? Thanks.

6. Default

No, I am not required to log in to wap.mobiles24.com.

Ok, could you please go to Log in to see links on your phone. This should download an mp3. Let me know how it goes.

8. Default

I went directly to wap.mobiles24.com/ctest.php. All I got was the following error message:

"The requested page can not be displayed".

This is the same error message I have been getting whenever a .mp3 download doesn't work.