1. Default Reign Of Swords

Hello could anyone help me with reign of swords please? well the problem is that the games is laging hard.. i dont understand why on SE W580i it worked perfectly but on nokia-X2 it lags VERY hard.. and i cant play it well here is the file: 4shared. com/file/ RvJUFm5V/ Mobile_Battles_Reign_of_Swords.html?
    can anyone check this problem please?

Quote Originally Posted by artis000 Log in to see links
    Hello could anyone help me with reign of swords please? well the problem is that the games is laging hard.. i dont understand why on SE W580i it worked perfectly but on nokia-X2 it lags VERY hard.. and i cant play it well here is the file: 4shared. com/file/ RvJUFm5V/ Mobile_Battles_Reign_of_Swords.html?
    can anyone check this problem please?
    Nokia X2-xx handsets are S40-based and therefore bound to suffer from performance issues - they can not keep up with a half way decent Sony Ericsson handset when it comes to gaming (Java)!

S40-based Nokia handsets usually require "LITE" game versions for flawless game-play.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm Log in to see links
    Nokia X2-xx handsets are S40-based and therefore bound to suffer from performance issues - they can not keep up with a half way decent Sony Ericsson handset when it comes to gaming (Java)!

S40-based Nokia handsets usually require "LITE" game versions for flawless game-play.
    Quite incorrect. Nokia, specially S40, and Sony Ericsson tend to have different rendering engines, sometimes COMPLETELY different (as the case of SE having V3D or something like that, seen in Devil May Cry Dante's Awakening 3D). S40 devices have variable handling potential. Let me put in contrast Nokia 6131 (s40v3) and Nokia X3 Touch and Type (Nokia X3-02, s40v6, if I recall).

Certain games which "stores garbage" in the ram, plays smoother on X3-02, whereas 6131 bumps into "Out of Memory".

Certain very old J2ME games may "lag" on X3-02, most notably Darkest Fear series (who runs what? 15% slower?), but that is due to how many objects are rendered and processed on-screen with a possibly error-filled coding.

3D games can be played on both, right? Right. But 6131 has a weak RAM and CPU to handle some 3D graphics (such as Need for Speed Most Wanted 3D by EA), while X3-02 handles it very well.

Let's not forget that some games (specially chinese ones) tends to have unsupported character sets. Nokia can't process them, prints out squares and stores "garbage" into the ram, thus lagging it. However, as I said, this happened on 6131's weak RAM and CPU. In X3-02, it has so much power that any slowdown can not be felt.

And now to my favorite part: compatibility. 6131 can sometimes play games that exceeds its limits (s40v5 and on), but can never play games with a very high quality (Sony Ericsson and S60 J2ME), getting either too laggy or just slapping an "Out of Memory" error. X3-02 doesn't suffer much on this, plays the OFFICIAL Angry Birds at 100% (apparently overclocking itself automatically too) and has potential to play pretty much ANY J2ME GAME. The problem? Some companies (Read: Gameloft) lacks ANY knowledge on its potential and makes crappy games for it, rather than just making the S40v5 or S60 versions of it for S60.

Honestly, I recommend Sony Ericsson, but only if you have lots of money to invest on it. 'Cause, you know, quality has a price.

4. Default

so you mean it W580i and X2 have different engine? thats why its laging?

Quote Originally Posted by elmind Log in to see links
    ... handle some 3D graphics (such as Need for Speed Most Wanted 3D by EA), while X3-02 handles it very well.
    3D and 3D is not always the same , Sony Ericsson handsets usually incorporate M3G/3D Mascot Capsule , whereas Nokia handsets mostly use only the JSR 184 Mobile 3D Graphics API for J2ME
    A (half way decent!) Sony Ericsson will run any Java game meant for Nokia!

And now to my favorite part: compatibility. 6131 can sometimes play games that exceeds its limits (s40v5 and on), but can never play games with a very high quality (Sony Ericsson and S60 J2ME), getting either too laggy or just slapping an "Out of Memory" error. X3-02 doesn't suffer much on this, plays the OFFICIAL Angry Birds at 100% (apparently overclocking itself automatically too) and has potential to play pretty much ANY J2ME GAME.
    Bad example , S40v3 is a more powerful API than S40v5 (performance wise).
    Nokia is going CHEAP with its S40-based handsets limiting their HEAP size!
    If the S40v6 handsets were so good they'd play anything - but they don't!

Honestly, I recommend Sony Ericsson, but only if you have lots of money to invest on it. 'Cause, you know, quality has a price.
    You can get a SE Cedar for about the same money as a Nokia X2-02 costs - and it runs Gameloft's (in)famous 1MB game versions flawlessly.

I note that my comments here are only Java games related , and in this topic bound to 240x320 px. screens.

@artis000 :
    Try finding any different versions of the game You desire (within the 240x320 px. screen span) and simply try them all.
    Your handset has limits which You can either live with , or not - if not , change Your handset.

6. Default

well sadly reign of swords web is dead.. thats the only free version i found

I said X3-02, not X2-02.
    As for the 3D renderer thing, you missed something a paragraph or two above.
    Clearly, you lack knowledge on Nokia's capability, underestimating even Nokia X3-02, which has proven to be damn close to S60 (really, I played Gameloft games that were for S60 on this).

Also, this underestimation Gameloft does is just because it is "X3". X3 itself is a cheap phone that plays little to nothing. X3-02 is so powerful that handles a huge library of games with no problem.

Also, this thread has been apparently dealt with. But I'm going to go ahead and assume that it was X2's having low CPU and RAM.

8. Default

I said X3-02, not X2-02.
    As for the 3D renderer thing, you missed something a paragraph or two above.
    Clearly, you lack knowledge on Nokia's capability, underestimating even Nokia X3-02, which has proven to be damn close to S60 (really, I played Gameloft games that were for S60 on this).

Also, this underestimation Gameloft does is just because it is "X3". X3 itself is a cheap phone that plays little to nothing. X3-02 is so powerful that handles a huge library of games with no problem.

Also, this thread has been apparently dealt with. But I'm going to go ahead and assume that it was X2's having low CPU and RAM.
    well could you say 1 thing more.. i also downloaded MPowerPlayer for PC its like mobile phone which can run 240x320 games and on it laged even harder... i think the problem is not CPU and Ram.. something else must be :/

Quote Originally Posted by artis000 Log in to see links
    well could you say 1 thing more.. i also downloaded MPowerPlayer for PC its like mobile phone which can run 240x320 games and on it laged even harder... i think the problem is not CPU and Ram.. something else must be :/
    I suppose it is CPU and RAM because of Java Engine (The PC Java is awful for games). But it can also be configuration. in KEmulator, if you put Frame Limit too high, it will make anything unplayable. Way low and you will lag a lot.