Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    0 RP
    Forum Writer
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Thanks

Mid june my contract is up.
    Android is a must.
    Anything better than a nokia n8 would be good (my friend has one and he is still raving about it after all this time and i wanna shut him up-even if it's just with waterproofing and put my phone in water and say 'right now do that to the n8 and watch it die!')
    I'm paying about 20 a month at the moment and don't want to go much higher
    Video and camera quality not too important but preferable.
    Flash player to watch tv/video would be good ( annoying being stuck on android 2.1 and not having flash for anything lower than 2.3)

Suggestions?

Forum Moderator
    769 RP
    Ringtone Contributor Wallpaper Contributor Forum Writer High Rating (Gold) Liked (Bronze)
    Country
    Mauritius
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lazyitus View Post
    Mid june my contract is up.
    Android is a must.
    Anything better than a nokia n8 would be good (my friend has one and he is still raving about it after all this time and i wanna shut him up-even if it's just with waterproofing and put my phone in water and say 'right now do that to the n8 and watch it die!')
    I'm paying about 20 a month at the moment and don't want to go much higher
    Video and camera quality not too important but preferable.
    Flash player to watch tv/video would be good ( annoying being stuck on android 2.1 and not having flash for anything lower than 2.3)

Suggestions?
    Maybe the Samsung Rugby Smart..?

Runs on Gingerbread, 3.7", Waterproof, dust proof and good shock resistance.

"We must never be afraid to go too far, for truth lies beyond."

0 RP
    Forum Writer
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Thanks

I'm liking the look of that.
    It's not out in the UK yet (which would explain why I've never heard of it) but since I've gotta wait until June there's a chance yet.
    It looks like I'm just gonna have to be patient and see what phones come in in the next few months in the UK,I'm not good with patience but we'll see........

Banned
    0 RP

Country
    India
    Thanks

Never heard about the waterproof phone. It seems new idea to me. can anyone tell me some good waterproof phone which support Android ?

0 RP

Country
    Bosnia
    Thanks

Land Rover S2 dustproof, shockproof,waterproof

0 RP

Country
    Bosnia
    Thanks

search for that mobile phone in google..i can not post links

0 RP
    Forum Writer
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Thanks

That is a VERY basic phone (released 2008!)
    If people want a waterproof/dustproof smart phone go for for Panasonic Eluga/Eluga power http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobile-pho...view-50007028/ http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobile-pho...view-50007163/ or the Samsung Rugby Smart http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Sa...-Review_id2969

Both released basically now April/May 2012
    (I'm gonna get one of those two -both have have good and bad points,at the moment leaning towards the panasonic but not by much-between june and august,after my contract runs out)

There is also a very high end range of waterproof/dustproof Fujitsu phones now scheduled for end of 2012.
    Last edited by lazyitus; 13-05-2012 at 10:55 AM.

Site Moderator
    250 RP
    Theme Contributor Wallpaper Contributor Forum Writer High Rating (Bronze)
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Thanks

Makes you wonder if it'd be worth waiting 'til the end of the year then.

We'd love to know which you choose.

0 RP
    Forum Writer
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Thanks

Oh I would love the (still unnamed) Fujitsu phone!!!
    ( I just don't think it'll be in my budget and I need a waterproof phone asap for running with)

The features on it are incredible and unused in other phones:
    camera takes 7 photos every time you press the button and saves the best of the 7,biometric fingerprint scanner for unlocking phone, noise cancellation from formula 1 tech, frequency changing of calls according to age and gender of user-changing callers' voice frequency to ideal hearing frequency of user, slowing down of callers' voices if they talk to quickly to be able to hear them more clearly,monitoring of user's breathing while asleep so when alarm is set you are taken from deep sleep to light sleep before woken properly.

All these features are on top of more expected ones- quadcore nvidia tegra 3 processor, 13 meg camera,1920 x 720 4.6 inch screen, Ice Cream Sandwich on android (but also on windows OS too) and oh yeah waterproof/dustproof.

Site Moderator
    250 RP
    Theme Contributor Wallpaper Contributor Forum Writer High Rating (Bronze)
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lazyitus View Post
    Oh I would love the (still unnamed) Fujitsu phone!!!
    ( I just don't think it'll be in my budget and I need a waterproof phone asap for running with)

The features on it are incredible and unused in other phones:
    camera takes 7 photos every time you press the button and saves the best of the 7,biometric fingerprint scanner for unlocking phone, noise cancellation from formula 1 tech, frequency changing of calls according to age and gender of user-changing callers' voice frequency to ideal hearing frequency of user, slowing down of callers' voices if they talk to quickly to be able to hear them more clearly,monitoring of user's breathing while asleep so when alarm is set you are taken from deep sleep to light sleep before woken properly.

All these features are on top of more expected ones- quadcore nvidia tegra 3 processor, 13 meg camera,1920 x 720 4.6 inch screen, Ice Cream Sandwich on android (but also on windows OS too) and oh yeah waterproof/dustproof.
    Wow, those are some insane specs.
    That's gonna be a couple of hundred I should think. 13 meg camera and screen size suggest 300ish minumum.

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last