Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Raising money for a cancer charity

Some of you may know I lost my dad to cancer recently.
    In a bid to say thank you for all the great care they gave and to try to pay something back to all the cancer doctors,nurses and other workers I am raising money for my local hospital.
    It is not actually for the hospital in general it is for the ward concerned with the mental and social care of cancer patients and their relatives (supplying clothing to cancer patients that have lost massive amounts of weight ,counselling etc. to try to avoid/treat depression in cancer patients and there relatives etc) and also an important information service for all cancer patients and their relatives ( so they can ask the sort of questions that they don't want to ask their doctor or questions that they forget to ask and don't want to 'waste' the time of the doctors by bothering them with questions)
    For more info follow this link Log in to see links

I normally wouldn't mention this but as I say I am raising money for them.

I am doing this by entering a sponsored 10km run.(about 6 1/2 miles)
    I have never entered a race before but I think this is a very good cause.

If you or anyone you know has been affected by cancer you'll know what devastating affect it can have.

If you could see in your heart to donate some money to this worthy cause then click here.Log in to see links

Any and all contributions are greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

I will soon (nothing in my bank at mo). Ill sticky this thread for now.

Good luck mate.

3. Default

Thank you for stickying it absolutely any and all help is appreciated.

4. Default

Have done my final practice run toaday. It was really too hot for running but ran the full 10 km and finished in 59 min 52 secs. My aim is to finish on the day in under an hour so I am on schedule and apparently in good enough shape,just got to hope the race course is not too hilly now-wish me luck.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lazyitus Log in to see links
    Have done my final practice run toaday. It was really too hot for running but ran the full 10 km and finished in 59 min 52 secs. My aim is to finish on the day in under an hour so I am on schedule and apparently in good enough shape,just got to hope the race course is not too hilly now-wish me luck.
    Unfortunately I have nothing to donate, but I wish you the very best buddy.
    I know you can do this!

Good luck!

7. Default

Thanks for the messages of support-I ran it in 61 mins 55 secs (still ache now 1 full week later)

8. Default

Didn't manage under an hour because course was very hilly,I finished 239th out of 499 runners. The guy who finished 10th said that because the course was so hilly his time (and other club runners' times) were about 3-4 minutes slower than normal so yeah happy with my time.

9. Default

Thanks for the messages of support-I ran it in 61 mins 55 secs (still ache now 1 full week later)
    Didn't manage under an hour because course was very hilly,I finished 239th out of 499 runners. The guy who finished 10th said that because the course was so hilly his time (and other club runners' times) were about 3-4 minutes slower than normal so yeah happy with my time.
    That's an amazing position to come. I know I could never manage even close to that.
    Amazing time, espescially considering everyone's was 3/4 minutes slower. You did great!

Thats brilliant mate, Well done

Id of gone an found nearest pub i think. Maybe 10 years ago, but not now.