Page 1 of 2 12 Last ››
    0 RP

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Default Using MP3 tones as TXT Tone on iPhone

How do you use a MP3 tone as a TXT Tone on an iPhone 4S?

I downloaded a MP3 tone that I want to use for my TXT Tone when receiving a txt, but after downloading to my computer (Win 7) I do not know where to place the MP3 file to then be sync'd with my iPhone.

Now that I have the MP3 tone on my computer, how do I get it onto my iPhone and selectable as a TXT Tone?

Thanks in advance for your help!... S

Administrator
    19,619 RP
    Contributor Level 2 Confirmed Android Artist Android Contributor Java Contributor Confirmed Symbian Artist Confirmed Theme Artist Confirmed Wallpaper Artist Ringtone Contributor Video Contributor Top Forum Writer High Rating (Silver) Popular Downloads (Silver) Liked (Silver) Favourite (Bronze) Thanked (Bronze)
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Thanks

You can place the m4r file anywhere on your computer, then you'll need to import the file in to iTunes (or drag and drop the m4r file on to the Library column in iTunes), where a new ringtone folder will automatically be created, then sync with your iPhone.

0 RP

Country
    United States
    Thanks

I tried this, but I'm having no luck. I downloaded it and then it went onto my iTunes but it's not under a ringtone file..

0 RP

Country
    United Kingdom
    Thanks

1. Start iTunes and find the song you want to convert. (It must be an MP3.)
    2. Right-click the song and choose 'Get Info'.
    3. Click the 'Options' tab.
    4. Check the 'Start Time' and 'Stop Time' boxes, then enter times for each (no more than 30 seconds apart, the maximum length for a ringtone).
    5. Click OK, then right-click the song again and choose 'Create AAC Version'. You should immediately see a new 30-second version of the song.
    6. Drag that version out of iTunes and into the folder of your choice. E.g. Desktop
    7. Delete the 30-second version from iTunes and undo the Start Time/Stop Time changes to the original.
    8. Open the folder containing the 30-second AAC file you dragged out of iTunes, then change the file extension from .m4a to .m4r. Double-click it and it immediately gets added to iTunes' ringtone library.
    9. Finally, sync your iPhone. When it's done, you can head into the settings and select your new ringtone.

Download anyring from cydia..then you will be able to choose any ring as text tone

1,388 RP
    Contributor Ringtone Contributor Wallpaper Contributor Forum Writer High Rating (Gold) Liked (Bronze)
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

u can't use mp3 as a ringtone in iPhone, u have to convert it to m4r, i normally go to
    Start > Music > iTunes > iTunes Media > Automatically Add (first folder)

i drop the new ringtone in Automatically Add folder ....and then open iTunes and check if the new ringtone is under ringtones or not! .....if it is there then connect ur iPhone click on tones and check if the new tone is there and select it and then click sync

there is a free text tones app which helps u create the right size/format of the text tones

good luck
    Last edited by saadia_salam; 03-04-2012 at 08:53 AM.

Banned
    0 RP

Country
    India
    Thanks

you are right saadia

58 RP
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saadia_salam View Post
    u can't use mp3 as a ringtone in iPhone, u have to convert it to m4r, i normally go to
    Start > Music > iTunes > iTunes Media > Automatically Add (first folder)

i drop the new ringtone in Automatically Add folder ....and then open iTunes and check if the new ringtone is under ringtones or not! .....if it is there then connect ur iPhone click on tones and check if the new tone is there and select it and then click sync

there is a free text tones app which helps u create the right size/format of the text tones

good luck
    Correct if I am wrong but you can also use the ringtone maker of mobiles24 to make the ringtone.... and according to what I presume an m4r version is automatically made.... so just download the m4r version and add it in itunes and sync....

58 RP
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by RinkiGarg View Post
    you are right saadia
    Partially If the converted ringtone is more than 30 seconds.... its will be rejected during the sync process

0 RP

Country
    Germany
    Thanks

That΄s right. You have to check that the ringtone is less than 30 seconds (what should be enough for a ringtone)

Page 1 of 2 12 Last ››