Using MP3 tones as TXT Tone on iPhone
How do you use a MP3 tone as a TXT Tone on an iPhone 4S?
I downloaded a MP3 tone that I want to use for my TXT Tone when receiving a txt, but after downloading to my computer (Win 7) I do not know where to place the MP3 file to then be sync'd with my iPhone.
Now that I have the MP3 tone on my computer, how do I get it onto my iPhone and selectable as a TXT Tone?
Thanks in advance for your help!... S
You can place the m4r file anywhere on your computer, then you'll need to import the file in to iTunes (or drag and drop the m4r file on to the Library column in iTunes), where a new ringtone folder will automatically be created, then sync with your iPhone.
I tried this, but I'm having no luck. I downloaded it and then it went onto my iTunes but it's not under a ringtone file..
1. Start iTunes and find the song you want to convert. (It must be an MP3.)
2. Right-click the song and choose 'Get Info'.
3. Click the 'Options' tab.
4. Check the 'Start Time' and 'Stop Time' boxes, then enter times for each (no more than 30 seconds apart, the maximum length for a ringtone).
5. Click OK, then right-click the song again and choose 'Create AAC Version'. You should immediately see a new 30-second version of the song.
6. Drag that version out of iTunes and into the folder of your choice. E.g. Desktop
7. Delete the 30-second version from iTunes and undo the Start Time/Stop Time changes to the original.
8. Open the folder containing the 30-second AAC file you dragged out of iTunes, then change the file extension from .m4a to .m4r. Double-click it and it immediately gets added to iTunes' ringtone library.
9. Finally, sync your iPhone. When it's done, you can head into the settings and select your new ringtone.
Download anyring from cydia..then you will be able to choose any ring as text tone
Correct if I am wrong but you can also use the ringtone maker of mobiles24 to make the ringtone.... and according to what I presume an m4r version is automatically made.... so just download the m4r version and add it in itunes and sync....
Originally Posted by saadia_salam
That΄s right. You have to check that the ringtone is less than 30 seconds (what should be enough for a ringtone)
Tags for this Thread