Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Default

Woohoo!

I have finally registered my first win in head to head, I had to suffer a -8 point penalty for 3 transfers ( to get Anelka in for Klasnic,who managed to get suspended with a red card as soon as I transfered him in so had to come straight back out again! d'oh!)
    Got a good team now tho and confident about it,especially now I've swapped Reina for de Gea (defence in front of keeper is more experienced and more reliable therefore more likely to have more clean sheets)
    My only doubts are Petrov(Bolton) and Anderson (Man Utd).

Quote Originally Posted by lazyitus Log in to see links
    Woohoo!

I have finally registered my first win in head to head, I had to suffer a -8 point penalty for 3 transfers ( to get Anelka in for Klasnic,who managed to get suspended with a red card as soon as I transfered him in so had to come straight back out again! d'oh!)
    Got a good team now tho and confident about it,especially now I've swapped Reina for de Gea (defence in front of keeper is more experienced and more reliable therefore more likely to have more clean sheets)
    My only doubts are Petrov(Bolton) and Anderson (Man Utd).
    Congrats

Not looked at mine this week, but i know its not good. Rooney got injured at last minute, so i couldn't change him.

I dont know how, but am still top

And i think i beat Karl in the head to head league..

4. Default

Well done!

I'm ticking along in a mid table spot in main league and in head 2 head am finally off the bottom spot, now I'll leave the team alone ( bar injuries) and wait for progress to be made.

Rodwell got a red card for getting the ball? Refs need sacking, There awful.

I know its an hard job, but they mess up every week and dont even get punished. Any other job they would get the sack.

6. Default

Yeah I watched that game and I didn't think it was a red card,yellow but not red. I think the reason the ref said red was because although he got the ball both of Rodwell's feel made contact with Suarez and that is a way to break someone's leg-one foot kicks the leg one way while the other foot kicks the leg the other way.....snap.

7. Default

Never mind tho. at least my captain (Suarez) scored and wasn't injured.

These things will always happen in football without referrals to video refs in the middle of the game a la cricket and that is unlikely to ever happen because football is a far faster game than cricket and does not have natural moments of pause that a video ref can stop the game to watch footage for 5 mins or so.

Yeah I watched that game and I didn't think it was a red card,yellow but not red. I think the reason the ref said red was because although he got the ball both of Rodwell's feel made contact with Suarez and that is a way to break someone's leg-one foot kicks the leg one way while the other foot kicks the leg the other way.....snap.
    It wasn't even a foul, his foot after winning the ball was on the ground. If anyone should of been booked, Suarez for his acting.

These things will always happen in football without referrals to video refs in the middle of the game a la cricket and that is unlikely to ever happen because football is a far faster game than cricket and does not have natural moments of pause that a video ref can stop the game to watch footage for 5 mins or so.
    Rugby use it.
    Last edited by Paul; 02-10-2011 at 05:01 PM.

9. Default

I wondered whether it was greedy transferring players in +out so I could have Suarez+Silva+Nani in the same team. Now I've had to pay a point penalty for the 3rd or 4th week running, and half my team has played, I have a grand total of 17 points so I think the answer is yes most definitely!

Another bad week for me, 35pts. Gone from 1st to 5th.

Time for changes.