Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default MB24 Community, falling apart?

Misleading topic? No, i don't think so!

Hello everyone.

Let me start off by explaining what i'm going to talk about here.

Game requests, theme requests, wallpaper requests.. All kinds of requests.
    Those who request has just become too lazy & selfish these days.

Let's start, shall we?

Lazy people?:

I've been around for a year. May not have added many posts through times, but i've still been 'round. I've seen positive, and negative changes around here.

The community has grown massively. This brings more activity, but also, what on other websites (which shall not be mentioned here) will be considered HnRs (Hit & Runs).

Back when i got here, this whole thing worked like one big african tribe. Everybody helped each other out, and no one really just left.

Nowadays, on a regular basis, i see people coming, requesting, leaving.
    An example of a topic could be:

T-Mac:
    Here you go little fellow. The Ugly Duckling 240x320: <fancy link>
    <Fancy picture here>

Noobyzard: Thanks bb
    <Still no fancy picture>

I don't know about you guys, but that's just not how i want Mobiles24 to work?

Co-operating?:

I used to upload gamepacks for everyone to download freely.

T-Mac uploads at least one game a day. (Often much more)
    RaulRey uploads games quite often too.

If these guys made a request for a game, you could say that they had deserved it. They did something in return.

I don't want those guys creating an account, just to request a game, often leaving when they've got their booty, without even saying thanks. That's just not fair.

If you have a game, and stumble upon a request for that game, then upload it for gods sake! - We helped you. Do you really think it's fair that you don't help us in return? And if you prove that you do something in return, then you'll get much more from us!

Requesting went lazy?:

And even those who may make more than one request - You're just too lazy. I mean - Those guys who upload your games, spend time (and often money) getting you the games requested. So, who wants to upload games to someone saying: Saints Row 2 plz plz.
    I wouldn't. I actually don't think anybody would.

Why not make a request that's worth reading?
    For example - My latest game request was actually easy to go through.
    I simply made up a template for myself:

Screen size:
    Symbian:
    Genre:
    Earlier games I liked:
    Games not wanted:
    Other notes:

This makes the request much easier to go through. Also, just adding "Thanks in advance" actually does a major difference, and often makes people WANT to help you.

- How about we actually turn Mobiles24 into a community again, instead of a meetingplace for lazy people?

But then. That's just my opinion - What do you guys think?

Best Regards,
    Killer1993

You wrote all these things about requests?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Killer1993 Log in to see links

I used to upload gamepacks for everyone to download freely.

T-Mac uploads at least one game a day. (Often much more)
    RaulRey uploads games quite often too.

you forgot margaryan and chris...
    and well yes there are people who come here to request stuff and sometimes they don't thank, but well what could be done about it? its just that they are like that...

Quote Originally Posted by the_dead_man Log in to see links
    you forgot margaryan and chris...
    And Outlaw.......

5. Wink

hmm. so long as nox and aaron continue posting in the funnies thread i still see the community bonded. not all members like talking. me, i prefer reading what others write.

6. Default

I Wont Read That Much

Joking

7. Default

Nice idea but i can tell you now that no one will read it and listen, they dont have time, like you pointed out they come to the site to get what they can and leave, there is nothing we can do about that. That is the way it is these days i am afraid

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Log in to see links
    And Outlaw.......
    and shadow...and gage and others...

We are many!!!

10. Default

Yes Nightmare was helpfull with game uploads before he decided to become a rebel

You just cant tell people this is how you request or you dont get anything, they just wont bother coming here or they will wait for someone to upload what they are after and take it anyway. Its the same problem in Theme Requests, some will thankyou others will just take and leave, but then we are here because we enjoy the site so we put up with some of the rudeness.