Page 3713 of 3895 FirstFirst ... 2713321336133663370337113712371337143715372337633813 ... LastLast
Results 37,121 to 37,130 of 38949
  1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Vishay Log in to see links
    HAHAHAHAHA

GETAFE 1-0 Barca!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Fixed............

Quote Originally Posted by EvilSpaghetti Log in to see links
    Fixed............
    Thanks mate, how the hell did I wrote Real Madrid!!!

3. Default

Hearing the news that Gary Speed has died.

Shocked when i read that on my phone earlier. He was only on football focus yesterday. Sad

A great footballer, nice guy, I never heard a bad word said about him by another player or fan.

Watching MOTD2

6. Default

Watching that Gary Speed tribute at the end left me with a lump in my throat.

I don't usually get emotional over things like that or even people who I don't know personally dying... I guess it's because he was such a nice guy and a legend.
    Last edited by EvilSpaghetti; 28-11-2011 at 12:20 AM.

Sad day.

Gary Speed was the footballer who was always there - one of those players that mates, bosses and fans could rely on.

The Welshman just seemed to be the kind you knew was to be trusted on the pitch and around the club. For all of his film-star good looks he was happiest as one of the supporting cast.

And in over 750 senior games at the very top level for some of the biggest names in football Speed could be counted on for what he did best, a solid professional performance.

Sadly for Wales he was also shaping up as the manager to bring the good times back for his country until the dark events of this weekend ended it all.

Speed's death left friends and fans alike in a state of shock, stunned by the news and the thought that one so young - and at the start of a new career - should be gone after being such a familiar face for so long.

Leeds United's shrewd boss Howard Wilkinson saw his potential in his teens and made him a first-team regular surrounded by great pros like Gordon Strachan and Gary McAllister who took him under their wing.

Speed was smart enough to see what was needed on and off the pitch to play a part in Wilkinson's side that would go on to win the old First Division in their finest hour.

Strachan's professional attitude to the game and life rubbed off on him and Speed swallowed his ideas on fitness and diet whole - sharing his love of a good kip and bananas to guarantee his own career would be as long.

Speed made 248 appearances for Leeds until he left in 1996 for his beloved Everton, the club he grew up supporting at school in Hawarden, North Wales.

Howard Kendall made Speed skipper but the move did not work out and he only made 58 appearances before heading for Newcastle United and five years of more success.

Speed was in Sir Bobby Robson's side when they also had their finest seasons. Once more he was the hard-working, sensible midfielder surrounded by more glamorous, less predictable stars.

And Sam Allardyce - the boss who always spotted life in an old dog - recruited Speed for Bolton when he was coming up for 35.

Speed enjoyed that final time in the elite level, reaching a landmark of 600 top flight games along the way and quietly but efficiently clocking up 121 games for Wanderers.

Once more Speed was the Steady Eddie figure, the foil for talents like JayJay Okocha, and he was part of a side that made Europe against the odds.

Speed's playing days ended at Sheffield United before he stepped into management, the first time he had found it tough going in the game.

Throughout all of his playing days Speed was always a regular in the Wales team, winning 85 caps, and he was a natural to revive their fortunes.

Speed's finest work may just have been in progress as he put some life into the old Dragon, sending them climbing up the FIFA rankings.

A place in the next World Cup finals - with packed crowds to roar them along the way - suddenly seemed a realistic possibility again.

Speed's personality brought out the best in the volatile and enigmatic genius of Craig Bellamy. He nurtured Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey.

Even in recent days he was making plans for the future at all levels with Wales, calling pals to discuss what they could do together.

But now that has gone, finished too soon and leaving all who knew him staggered and amazed at how this could happen - and so many touched by his passing.

There are very few people in football who don't have a bad word said against them in that gossipy village. Speed was in that elite group.

From a bright kid at Leeds to a good old pro at Bolton he was the same down-to-earth guy who was clever enough to make a comment and know not to go too far.

I remember voting him in my Team of the Year when he first hit the big time. Next day I got a call from someone out of the blue.

It was his dad, who went out of the way to get my number and ring just to say 'thanks.' So he also came from good stock.

Gary had the respect of players and media alike, a rare quality. Talking to some of his mates yesterday only confirmed that - I have never known so many grown men speechless.

A few years ago Gary made a landmark appearance for Bolton and I asked if he fancied being a manager and if he would be any good. He wasn't sure, he said, in his own modest way.

Well, he proved that he could with Wales. What a tragedy that we will never know quite how good.
    Alan Nixon
    @
    Mirror

Listening to chilling musics and browsing around

9. Default

Working out what to do today... I need work.

Playing a bit of FIFA 12 online.